You all know that I love the State Fair. I even get to work at my friend’s elephant ear booth a couple nights this year!! (—> That’s gonna be me!!! —>)
One of the reasons for my love affair is that with just a little bit of planning, I can take the kids for an entire morning or evening for about the same price as one of those bounce places or even as cheap as going to our public pool.
General admission for the Fair increased this year to $10 for those 6 years and older. Plan ahead and get the following discounts:
- Free admission is available on the following dates: Thursday, Aug. 9th for Indiana State Employees and Thursday, Aug. 16th for AAA members and current and former military personnel and families. (All require valid ID card for verification.)
- Buy The Indianapolis Star On Monday, Aug. 6th – inside will be a ticket good for free admission to the fair on Wednesday, Aug. 8th or Thursday, Aug. 9th.
- Turkey Hill Dairy Tuesdays: On Tuesday Aug. 7th and 14th, admission is just $2 with this voucher. You can also get $2 concession servings all over the fairgrounds those Tuesdays.
- On Monday, Aug. 13th, admission is only $15 per vehicle for up to 10 people with this voucher thanks to IPL Carload Day.
- You can get $5 tickets on BMV Discount Day, Wednesday, Aug. 15th by redeeming this voucher.
- Buy discounted tickets for $7 at Walmart, CVS, Indiana Farm Bureau offices, The Marten House Hotel and the Indiana State Fairgrounds ticket office.
- For the first time, you can buy a multi-day admission pass good for 3 days for only $18 (that’s a $12 savings). Purchase this pass at the same places listed above.
You should also search the internet for ticket giveaways via Facebook or Twitter. I won tickets last year by entering giveaways on two different blogs as well. (And I just found out that I’ll be doing a ticket giveaway too! Go here to enter.)
You now have no reason not to join us at the State Fair in August. Pack a few bottles of water (if we even have water in August!!) and some snacks and meet us there.
Disclaimer: This post is in no way sponsored by anyone but me. No one asked me to write it or paid me or gave me anything to do so. I just love the Fair and want you to come with me. On the cheap. 🙂