Thought I’d join in on the Top Ten Tuesday fun with 10 reasons why it’s okay to have a drink at 1:08 pm on a Tuesday.
- There’s nothing else to drink. Our fridge is empty. I was going to go to the store last night and then Adam remembered it was the guys’ monthly “Movie Night” at a neighbor’s house. Then I was going to go this morning, but a friend needed some kiddo help and I thought that was more important. Until now. When I’m hungry and thirsty.
- I was up before 6am with Baby Jedi.
- I had to miss a work meeting this morning because I couldn’t find a sitter. Oh the joys of (normally) working from home…
- #1 disobeyed our “no talking to Mom or Dad when on the phone” rule and while trying to get my attention, proceeded to knock off my (full) bowl of roasted red pepper and tomato soup off the table and onto: the dining room rug, my skirt, 2 chairs, a bench, the table, Baby Jedi’s highchair AND the wall.
- #2 whined and cried all morning while her friends were over because she wasn’t getting her way.
- It’s H.O.T. It currently feels like 97 degrees outside.
- It’s 81 degrees (downstairs) in my house, thanks to no central air. Our AC unit is workin’ its butt off these last 2 days. (Upstairs, it’s well over 85 degrees…)
- It sure would make all this cleaning I need to do more fun.
- It’s summertime. There are no rules about drinking during the summer right?
- Because I wanna. And some days you just feel like this:
So I put Baby Jedi down for a nap (where he then cried for almost 20 minutes because he can’t stand to be away from me for 10 seconds), sent the girls to their rooms for some quiet time and poured myself an ice-cold caffiene-free Diet Pepsi. You know, because I have three kids I have to take care of today…